Addressing the Specific Needs of Women in Substance Abuse Treatment (SW)SKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the unique issues and best practice philosophies for addressing the specific needs of women in substance abuse treatment.
Topics covered include:
- Special issues and unique needs of women in substance abuse treatment
- Women’s biopsychosocial uniqueness
- Principles of gender responsive treatment
- Patterns and prevalence of alcohol/substance use among women
- Physiological effects of alcohol, drugs and tobacco on women
- Pregnancy and birth outcomes
- Screening and assessment issues
- Barriers to treatment
- Recovery management and special populations
15 Hours – $155
Category: US Social Work Continuing Education Courses.