Substance Abuse Treatment for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender IndividualsSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the unique issues of substance abuse among lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals and best-practice philosophies for treating lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender substance abusing clients.
Topics covered include:
- Substance use in the LGBT community
- Vulnerabilities and risk factors
- Barriers to treatment
- Homophobia and heterosexism
- Family of origin and family of choice issues
- Clinical and treatment issues
- Counselor competence issues
- Working with ethnic minority LGBT groups
30 Hours – $155