Maryland CCDC: Family Counseling – 45 hoursSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the integration of family therapy models, family therapy practices into substance abuse treatment, and best-practice philosophies for working with domestic violence survivors and batterers in substance abuse treatment settings.
Topics covered include:
- Family systems theory
- Primary models of family therapy
- Impact of alcoholism and substance abuse on families
- Family assessment issues
- Family therapy skills and competencies
- Connection between substance abuse and domestic violence
- Crisis intervention and treatment planning for the survivor client
- Emotional and behavioral effects of violence on children
- Cultural considerations
- Legal and ethical considerations
45 Hours – $195