Montana LAC 90-hour Counseling TrainingSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the principles and techniques of motivational interviewing and motivational enhancement approaches, evidence-based practices for working with individuals who have been exposed to acute and chronic traumas, and group treatment approaches with substance abusing clients.
Topics covered include:
- Transtheoretical stages of change
- Principles of motivational interviewing
- Integration of motivational approaches to diverse treatment populations and settings
- Trauma-informed intervention and treatment principles
- Common experiences and responses to trauma
- Trauma-informed prevention and treatment objectives
- Clinical issues and counselor self-care
- Advantages of group treatment for substance abusing populations
- Group models commonly used in substance abuse treatment
- Group therapy strategies and techniques
- Group leadership competencies and skills
90 Hours – $630
Please contact our office for information regarding payment plan options.