Oregon Alcohol and Drugs of Abuse PharmacologySKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the physical, psychological and pharmacological effects of alcohol and drugs of abuse on the human body and on the human condition.
Topics covered include:
- Scope and prevalence of alcohol and psychoactive substance use in the United States
- Pharmacology of addiction
- Brain chemistry and neurotransmission
- Brain rewards mechanisms and systems
- Tolerance and withdrawal issues
- Predisposing risk factors
- Misconceptions about alcohol use
- Short- and long-term behavioral effects
- Short- and long-term medical complications and consequences
25 Hours – $200
Category: US Substance Abuse Certification Courses.