Addressing Domestic Violence Issues in Substance Use Disorder TreatmentSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the interplay between domestic violence and substance abuse and best-practice philosophies for working with domestic violence survivors and batterers in substance abuse treatment settings.
Topics covered include:
- Connection between substance abuse and domestic violence
- Crisis intervention and treatment planning for the survivor client
- Characteristics and profiles of batterers
- Emotional and behavioral effects of violence on children
- Screening and assessment issues
- Treatment issues and considerations
- Cultural considerations
- Legal and ethical considerations
6 Hours – $100