Motivation and Change in Substance Use Disorders TreatmentSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the principles and techniques of motivational interviewing and the application of motivational enhancement approaches to substance abuse treatment.
Topics covered include:
- Transtheoretical stages of change
- Principles of motivational interviewing
- Adapting motivational strategies and interventions to client stage of change
- Building readiness and commitment to change
- Engaging and retaining clients in treatment
- Motivational enhancements with coerced clients
- Measuring components of client motivation
- Integration of motivational approaches to diverse treatment populations and settings
10 Hours – $115
Category: US Social Work Continuing Education Courses.