Trauma-Informed Care in Substance Abuse Treatment – Download Only
This course focuses on evidence-based practices for working with individuals who have been exposed to acute and chronic traumas in substance abuse treatment settings.
Topics covered include:
- Rationale for trauma-informed care
- Trauma-informed intervention and treatment principles
- Types of trauma
- Common experiences and responses to trauma
- Trauma-related symptoms and disorders
- Screening and assessment issues and instruments
- Trauma-informed prevention and treatment objectives
- Clinical issues and counselor self-care
- Treatment strategies and interventions
30 Hours – $155
Category: Canada Substance Abuse Certification Courses.