Pharmacology of Psychoactive Substances: Physical, Psychological, and Pharmacological Effects of Drugs of AbuseSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the physical, psychological and pharmacological effects of drugs of abuse. Psychoactive substances covered include cocaine, hallucinogens and dissociative drugs, heroin, inhalants, marijuana, MDMA (ecstasy), methamphetamine, prescription medications, steroids and other APEDs, and tobacco.
Topics covered include:
- Scope and prevalence of psychoactive substance use in the United States
- The pharmacology of addiction
- Brain chemistry and neurotransmission
- Brain rewards mechanisms and systems
- Tolerance and withdrawal
- Predisposing risk factors
- Short- and long-term behavioral consequences
- Short- and long-term medical complications and consequences
- Effects of prenatal and maternal use
45 Hours – $225