Substance Abuse Among Older AdultsSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the unique issues of substance abuse among older adults and best-practice philosophies for treating older alcohol and or other substance abusing clients.
Topics covered include:
- Scope of the problem
- Vulnerabilities and risk factors
- Barriers to treatment
- Use and abuse of prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications
- Screening and assessment,
- Referral and treatment issues
- Measurement of multidimensional outcomes for older adults
- Legal and ethical considerations
30 Hours – $145
Category: US Substance Abuse Certification Courses.