Wisconsin Substance Abuse Patient Education – 60 hoursSKU: n/a.
This course focuses on the process of providing patients, groups, families, couples, significant others, and communities with information on risks related to substance use, the processes of dependence including signs, symptoms and behavior patterns, and available resources for prevention, treatment, and recovery in culturally relevant ways.
Topics covered include:
- Studies of understanding addiction
- The classification and basic pharmacology of drugs
- Basic physiology and the effects of drug use on the human body and patient
- Learning styles and teaching methods
- Delivery of educational programs
- Health and behavior problems related to substance use including transmission and prevention of HIV/ AIDS, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections, and other infectious diseases
- Basic life skills such as stress management, communication, and assertiveness
60 Hours – $420